Thursday, January 20, 2011

Woodvale Challenge - Row across the Atlantic

Hiya All,
A quick update.  One of my rowing brethren contacted me yesterday with an opportunity of a lifetime and I am pleased tosay that I have accepted the challenge, the Woodvale Challenge!  There was a weather delay and one of the rowers had to drop out and they were seeking a replacement - that's me!!  This is going to be a world record attempt to row across the Atlantic from Las Palmas in the Canary Islands to Barbados in the Caribbean.  It has all come together in less than 24 hours and I fly out tomorrow eve via Gatwick on my way to join the team at the launch point in Las Palmas just off the Moroccan coast. You can follow the crossing via the website http://www.woodvale-challenge.com/ and more specifically on this challenge http://www.woodvale-works.com/
I will be doing my best to post while underway when possible.
Target is to depart this Sunday Jan 23rd for the 2550 mile journey which is expected to take around 30 days.   The adventure continues!!! Watch this space!
On another note, I finished the theory part of my YachtMaster course today and the instructor was kind enough to allow me to delay the on-the-water practicum until after my return in just over a month (Thanks Phil!). 
So much to do and so little time!
Over and out!
Paine

No comments:

Post a Comment