Friday, January 21, 2011

Dedication to my daughters Isabel and Olivia - Strength of Spirit

The eve of a great journey looms...

The adventure I embark upon draws near...

I find my myself drawn to, and rushing toward, an expedition to explore the abyss and expanse of the open ocean and the depth of my spirit along with 13 other souls, each seeking their own discovery.

Your words, great tribe, lift me, encourage me, warm my heart and steady my resolve. It is because of you, my family, dear friends, brothers in oars, that I find the strength and courage to look within and draw upon the inexhaustible source of all that we do, and achieve, across joy and pain; the human spirit.  I am moved by each of you and your spirit I carry with me in the great flow.

I am calm, I am scared, I am excited and alive.  The unknown unfolds beore me and I greet boundless possibility with arms flung wide.

Each of you have helped me to remember what it is to live, to reach within, to reach out, to lean upon and connect.  I weave myself into a community of love and compassion.  My heart is full.

Spirit alive and pulsing, I am connected through space and time. 



The flesh born of me, nascent in body and spirit, grows.  Isabel Mika and Olivia Karin, my beautiful daughters, you live within me.  I long for the moment of our reunion, but know that I carry you with me each moment of my being.  I wish for you happiness and joy and know one day we shall revel in these together.  My dear girls, I dedicate this journey of spirit, to each and both of you.  With the love of my soul, I love you.  - Daddy


JD Paine
Antigua WI
Jan 21, 2011 

No comments:

Post a Comment