Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Row for a Cause - donations sought (updated link)

Good morning All,

Calm morning after a torrential downpour last evening forcing me to think whether I have appropriate gear to row for 4 hours under a heavy rain.  Perhaps.  We'll soon find out.

We're just about to set off for a practice row this morning to ensure that all is in order prior to shoving off.  Last minute repairs and provisioning are keeping us busy.  One of the dagger boards was shorn clean off during practice 2 days ago and a replacement is in the making, this time out of carbon fiber, not fiberglass and plywood.

There is currently some stiff comptetion out there on the Atlantic underway but we've got a strong crew and great morale. 

In the meantime I am looking to raise funds for a number of charities as well as offset some expenses.  If you've got a bit of spare change and are keen on any of the causes any and all donations are greatly appreciated. 

Visit the following link for more information: 

https://sites.google.com/site/friendsofdrowing/belvia
Have a wonderful day wherever you are on this globe! 

Cheers,

Jonathan

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about the competition. I wouldn't row across Cape Cod Bay in their boat, never mind the Atlantic. I hope you can find some Ben and Jerry's before you go, if not eat everything you can get your hands on.

    Good luck with this. If you need a break you can channel some energy from the Great Eight.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nick! I have been stuffing my face to frontload as many calories as I can!

    ReplyDelete