Tuesday, March 22, 2011

42 days at sea - back on dry land...

Dear All,

First of all I would like to extend sincere words of appreciation for your support over the past weeks.  I am overwhelmed by how many followed the journey and offered words of encouragement.  In trying times those very words buoyed me up and kept my spirits high.

A week has passed since landfall and I apologize for lack of quicker updates however I am only just starting to feel normal once again after several days of 18 hour sleeps and substantial amounts of nourishment. Walking, something most of us take for granted, proved a great ordeal for the first 4-5 days back on land.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon basking in the sun, eating and swimming with the turtles here in Barbados.  Normalcy returns.

I have been gathering my thoughts and revelations and will be posting at greater length in the coming days along with photos of our epic journey.  I look forward to sharing as much as I can with you about every aspect of what I experienced along the 2598 miles at sea.  Wonderful highs and depths of abyss to test the mettle of any soul.

I would also like to thank everyone for your generous contributions toward the fundraising efforts.  You have exceeded my expectations and I am humbled by your interest and support. 

A truly fabulous experience. Thank you!

Big hugs!

Jonathan

1 comment:

  1. Eating for 6 hours and sleeping for 18 sounds like a fit reward!
    -fred

    ReplyDelete