Sunday, December 12, 2010

After the rain

Tempest mind, wrathful twist
Words of venom, open fist
Subtle cries, outward missed
Inner pain veiled in bliss

Self not known, turn to drink
Kill the pain, so's not to think
or feel the throb of trauma past
Wound unsalved, on the brink

Self destroy, bring you down too
Feel my pain, each of you
surrounding me, you know
not my truth, forlorn soul.

Worthless self, do you approve?
Liquid courage, bring the booze

Wrathful joy, bottles bring
Until my soul, it starts, it sings
Festered pain, tell it all
Fist and hand through the wall

Did you know I feel this way?
A grown child locked in rage
Who am I? Who should I be?
Boundless, unguided ways to see

I look to you
How you behave
Does that mean for me
Just the same

Listen close
Neglected soul
Grant forgiveness
Come forth bold

Be I diff'rent, be that may
I pray for freedom, born to stay
true to me, I struggle too
free of spice alter'd mind
Oft my thoughts still bleed blue

Wrathful mind and twisted face
A calm besets a torment place
inner quiet, storm be o'er
I breathe
deep
own my space

'mongst each of you
brethren too, pillars each
of friendship true
Angst diminish, anger quell
Share your pain, hear mine too
Swaddle, weep, sit with me
Salve my hurt
Heal with you

Feel
Embrace
Love shines true.

-JDPaine

ps - Still burning clean - thanks to those concerned and all your support. This is about the journey of healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment